Lily and the Unicorn King
A riding competition. A magical battle. Can she win first prize and rescue a herd of lost unicorns?
Usually ships in 2-4 weeks – Title is showing available from publisher
This title is firm sale. Please select carefully as returns are not accepted.
||6 July 2019
View All (1 other possible title(s) available)
||By Gordon, Kate
||The Unicorn King Series (part: 1)
||Showing available from publisher, allow 2-4 weeks for delivery
... view full title details below.
Full details for this title
Description of this Book
A riding competition. A magical battle. Can she win first prize and rescue a herd of lost unicorns? Lily loves every minute in the saddle. But native herb lessons with her Maori grandmother keep interrupting the 12-year-old's Pony Club championship training. As if that weren't enough, a curious sound under the stars just revealed an impossible sight: battle-ready unicorns appearing out of thin air. While the wild, horned creatures look nothing like a fairy tale, she refuses to turn her back on the animals in need. So when the king asks her to hide his herd from an evil sorceress, she calls on her friends to share the terrifying responsibility. If the girls fail, then Lily's mythical new friends will be forced to fight a deadly war... Can Lily use her wits and the power of her Maori heritage to preserve the unicorns' freedom? Lily and the Unicorn King is the first book in an edge-of-your-saddle middle grade fantasy series. If you like brave heroines, legendary creatures, and new twists on ancient folklore, then you'll love Kate Gordon's galloping tale.
Awards, Reviews & Star Ratings
||Kate Gordon has created an enchanting world bursting with believable characters, mythical creatures and valiant unicorns. Lily and the Unicorn King is sure to be a hit with anyone who loves pony stories, magic and adventure. - Amanda Wills, author of the Riverdale Pony Stories.
Kate Gordon spent 90% of her childhood reading books about ponies. The other 10% she spent galloping around the garden on an imaginary horse - until she was able to ride a real pony of her own. Now she's penning fantastical adventure stories about brave friends, ponies and unicorns. Kate is inspired by the magical mountains of Central Otago in New Zealand's South Island where she lives with her husband, three dogs, and two cats. She's currently working on her second book in the Unicorn King series.